We have spent lots of time developing this trampoline to our high quality standards and these bias cuts are ready and waiting to be installed on your boat.
Our heavy-duty mesh one-piece bias cut trampoline is very well built with these unique features:
* Bias cut one-piece design for uniform tension
* Be the envy of all your Hobie Cat friends with this trampoline!
* Rear lacing only with built in rear line catcher
* Adjustable hiking straps
* 12" x 12" halyard pocket near the mast base
* Made of high-quality and very durable trampoline mesh (8oz. polypropylene basket weave mesh)
* Sewn with large size V-138 UV-stabilized polyester thread (Teflon thread available as an upgrade for ultimate UV resistance)
* Heavily reinforced with 3" wide heavy-weight polypropylene webbing in grommet areas
* At least five rows of stitching in high-load areas (compared to 2 rows from other manufacturers)
* Multi-layer construction in high-stress sections to better spread the load; three layers of mesh and a layer of webbing
* We personally pound each #4 spur grommet by hand (spur grommets are tough; they have 'teeth' that bite into the fabric)
* Aft grommets installed on 4" centers (Hobie® originally installed them on 6" centers)
* one-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
* Includes bias trampoline and aft strip
Note on installation:
The side rails will need the track opening towards the front of the boat per the manual. If your boat has the track openings at the back of the boat, you will either need to disassemble the frame and flip the side rails or purchase a 3-piece trampoline. Additionally, the mast step was sometimes installed with extra long rivets which will prevent the forward boltrope of the bias trampoline from sliding all the way across the boat. You can slide your existing trampoline from side to side to determine whether your boat has long rivets. If long rivets were installed, you can drill them out and install the proper rivets (Hobie p/n 8010131 qty. 3). These details are also explained in the video below.
Check out the following video to see if your boat is set-up for bias trampoline installation:
The Hobie® brand is a registered trademark of the Hobie Cat Company, Oceanside, California. The term Hobie® as used herein means the product manufactured and sold by that company, and is used without the permission of Hobie Cat Company. Our products are neither manufactured nor in any way sponsored or authorized by Hobie Cat Company.
I would have given it a five star rating but the flap over the lacing didn't account for the main sheet swivel cam cleat so it bunches up there. Just needs a small notch there to be really first class. I'm sure they'll correct that next time. Chuck Swackhammer on 3rd Feb 2015
The tramp looks sweet! Can’t wait to replace the stocker Hobie tramp now!
Thanks for the quick service!
Tom E. Hobie 16 Bias Trampoline on 22nd Dec 2014
Why SLO Sail and Canvas?
Because we take the time to make sure you are getting what you want and need. Our knowledgeable designers are available by phone or email and can work with you to incorporate any special requests. Our products are warranted against defects due to workmanship or material flaws for 1 year. All our products are made in the USA, on the central coast of California.